Non surgically and minimally invasive facelift procedures refer to laser resurfacing treatments and facial inflatables which don’t require hospitalization or large incisions. These are also associated with very little, or no downtime which means that you can very easily be inside and outside the doctor’s office with minimal discomfort. These days, more and more patients are opting for treatments and procedures which provide similar results to facelift without the actual surgery.
A few of the main non-surgical facelift procedures consist of the following:
- Botox: This is a neuro-modulator that is injected into the muscle, causing it to relax for a temporary period of time. The relaxed muscle can no longer contract, and therefore, no wrinkles can be created.
- Dermall fillers: These consist of the fixing of falling cheeks, new jowls, and sagging skin through restoring the volume with filling. Dermal fillers are used for the purpose of filling in lines and spaces, plumping them up to increase volume.
- Fat transfer: Fat can be removed from other areas of your body and then reinjected into the face in order to strategically address the volume loss.
- Intense pulsed light, ultrasound, and laser treatment: These can be used for the correction of fine lines, pigmentation, blotchiness, and redness. These treatments offer very subtle but permanent results which mimic a facelift and can treat the entire face.
- Laser lifts: These utilize laser energy subdermally to create a controlled injury melting fat and tightening skin. It requires very small incisions behind the ears and under the chin. A fine laser is threaded under the skin to remove fat and tighten the area.
Side effects of non-surgical facelift procedures consist of the following:
Bumps, blistering, permanent pigmentation changes, or even skin depressions. Rare incidents of scarring or infection have taken place as well, thus, while these are unlikely, they are possible. There is no downtime for most patients in this scenario, however, a few individuals might experience excessive swelling or redness, or even temporary skin blanching (whiteness) immediately following a treatment
The results of non-surgical facelift procedures will ultimately depend on what type of treatment or procedure one decides to get. With a non-surgical procedure, it is likely that one will need to get them done regularly in order to maintain the desired results. Your practitioner will inform you about when it will be time for a follow-up visit, however, the patient will usually be able to tell on their own as they will observe the treatments wearing off.
There can be cumulative benefits to receiving injections at a regular basis, as the more diligent patients are about maintaining injections regularly, the less they will need them over time. With proper maintenance and regular treatment, patients who start in the 30s can look the same in their 50s. However, it is important to understand that non surgical facelift procedures are only a temporary fix, while it is a surgical face-lift which usually lasts for a longer period in time. Lastly, the results vary from patient to patient depending on the difference in skin thickness and texture, healing response, and lifestyle variables.
You may complete the form below to request an appointment for health care experts.